Dunshaughlin Harvest Festival 2018 Bake Off!
Fire up the ovens and get out those wooden spoons. It’s time for our annual baking competition!
Saturday 29th September 2018
Entry Drop Off: 11:00-11.30am @ The Park
Judging and Prize Giving: 2pm @ The Park
NOTE: Entry is free and you can enter as many times as you want!
Prizes awarded for 1st place in each category.
• Junior Baker (aged 7 – 12yrs)
• Senior Baker (aged 13yrs+)
- 200g/7oz Self Raising Flour
- 200g/7oz Butter (at room temperature)
- 200g/7oz Caster Sugar
- 1 level teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 Eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease and base line two 18-20cm/ 7-8 inch sandwich tins.
- In a large bowl, beat all the cake ingredients together to form a smooth soft batter.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared tins and smooth the top with back of spoon. Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown and the cake springs back when pressed.
- Turn onto a wire tray or cooling rack and allow to cool completely.