Travelling from Dublin (Northbound)
Driving from Dublin, follow the signs to Navan/Cavan via the N3 or M3 roads.
After leaving Dublin, you will pass through two roundabouts before reaching Blanchardstown.
Keep on the N3 towards Navan.
The N3 will soon merge into the M3 Motorway (Toll road).
At this stage you have two options:
- Take the first turn off the M3 back onto the N3 continuing straight into Dunshaughlin.
- Continue on the M3 Motorway and take the second turn off, following the signs to Dunshaughlin.
Travelling from Navan/Kells (Southbound)
When travelling southbound via Navan/Kells, follow all signs to Dublin via either the N3 or the M3 Motorway:
- Coming from Cavan on the N3, continue through Kells and Navan before reaching Dunshaughlin.
- If travelling on the M3, make sure to follow all signs that lead off to Dunshaughlin.
If you prefer, you can also calculate your own custom directions on Google Maps using the link below:
If you use a GPS navigation system, here are the coordinates of Dunshaughlin:
Bus Éireann 109
Bus Éireann is Ireland's national bus service. When translated means "Irish Bus".
The 109 Dublin to Cavan Bus runs services on average every:
- 15-30 minutes on Weekdays
- 30-60 minutes on Weekends
The service runs from Dublin to either Navan, Kells or Cavan via the following destinations and vice versa:
- Blanchardstown Shopping Centre
NOTE: Some 109 buses to Dublin or Kells/Cavan now take the new M3 motorway which bypasses Dunshaughlin. These buses are indicated on the timetable and generally state "Via M3" on their electronic signs. Make sure however to ask the driver before boarding.
Bus Éireann 109A
The 109A Dublin Airport to Cavan Bus runs services every hour, 7 days a week.
The service runs from Dublin Airport to either Kells or Cavan via the following destinations and vice versa:
- Dublin City University (DCU)